I have a little update on my sea of unfinished projects. I am officially down to 29! *applause!*
OK, almost officially. The Cthulhuclava is pretty much done and has, in fact been worn.
I wove in the last end just in time for a Fat Tuesday party at our favorite bar. Since it has made its appearance in public, I think that counts. A small miscalculation in picking up stitches may have led to some holes in the cheeks, which I have promised to go back and close up with little gusset panels…but that doesn’t count. Really, it will take just moments to fix. moments.
In the meantime, I am a couple of freckles away from finishing the unicorn. : )
Since my last blog post, I have not cast on any new projects (because we determined that ripping out and recasting on one of the projects on the list does not count).
In addition, I have only purchased yarn for one new project (a sweater). Notice the clever phrasing I use to make that seem like an immense exercise in restraint (which it really was). For the record, the yarn was green and on big time sale, so it does not count. I just made that rule up.
I swear I will finish one of the six sweaters I have on the needles before I cast on my green sweater. Really.
My goal is to keep posting my project status as a way of encouraging myself to stick with it. I have learned better than to make any promises when it comes to blog posts, but I really have the best intentions. Next up on the finishing block (after the unicorn) is my Scout pullover. This is the one I could, ostensibly, finish with just one night of knitting and seaming. My goal is to have it done by next week. Lets see…